One of the main objectives of preparing an astonishing UX design is creating an inviting and re-usable website that will be helping the users acquire what they exactly need and then, they will surely be staying on your web-portals.
How well we may integrate the key elements of the available designs can greatly contribute to the success of the websites and the user experience embedded in the same.
For enhancing the UX designs and linking them with the required Cloud QuickBooks hosting, it is imperative to follow these listed-below best practices when designing the website for capturing the desired business productivity at peculiar instances.
Some of the Practices Which May Enhance the UX Designs
Though one may non-negotiably customize the available designs and attend the target audiences with the utmost confidence(s), yet these are some practices through which the products and the associated services delivered by the small or the mid-scale entrepreneurs can feasibly be mapped and conveyed to a larger section of the audiences.
# Practice Number One – Choosing the Design Types and Sticking Onto Them
While designers are enhancing their knowledge-bases about the existing and the forthcoming designing trends, this has become necessarily important to stick with the chosen design type that will promisingly be aligning with the design goals. Here are some of the top design types which may be considered:
- Flat Design: A flat design will be characterized by two-dimensional elements, bold colors, minimalism, and simple typography. Also, the flat 2.0 layout primarily dominates web design on the desktop and mobile versions because of its outstanding readability, adaptive design, intuitive navigation, and a clear visual hierarchy of shapes and colors.
- Material Design: As per Google’s interpretation about the Flat 2.0 layout, the material design will be displaying mostly probably the flat design elements with some subtle three-dimensional touches for the superior UX. Additionally, such designs would have acquired an engaging and sleek interface, a predefined set of styles, and a virtual feel of objects, and this will be offering consistency [ies] for the designers.
- Minimalism Design: This will be an inspiration for the sought-after trends, which will surely be including Flat2.0, Flat, and material design; minimalism design will most promisingly be characterized by the flat textures, one may prepare them with the use of negative spaces and the finite color palettes. Minimalist web designs have acquired reliable download speeds, better conversion(s), responsive design, and undoubtedly, easy navigation that will be demanding less maintenance.
# Practice Number Two – Creating the Sitemaps Appropriately
Illogical content structuring and poor navigation are the common risks spotted in the UX designs that may be inviting an unforgettable bad user experience.
The goal of the sitemap will be creating a better site architecture that will feasibly be categorizing information through the grouping of similar contents.
Rather, one may surely be involved with creating a sitemap in the early stages of the design process and wish positively in offering the required improvisations to the QuickBooks Cloud designs [or others] in such ways:
- Forming a better understanding of layouts of the design goals. Every website must be associated with a goal, with every design decision aligning the same. By visually presenting all of the websites’ content to the available team members, we may hassle-free talk about the goals and the prioritizations about the designing-decisions.
- Creating a single source of truth. A web design project will be unavoidably involving many individuals, from the stakeholders to the front-end designers. Also, displaying the relationships amongst the pages of the website(s) will make this easier for the developers to analyze the existing connections and then, introducing changes to the design and IA.
- Eliminating the unnecessary pages. The hierarchical information embedded onto the available sitemap(s) will be helping the team members to identify and eliminate those pages which are not directly tied to the purpose with which the website was created.
- Eradicating the duplicate content. When we may easily evaluate all the pages on the existing websites according to the attached sitemap(s), we may reduce the chances of duplicating content and then, creating confusing experiences for the user’s side.
# Practice Number Three – Using Sticky Headers for Enticing Users to Exploring the Sites
Sticky headers, or the fixed navigation menu that may stay onto the available screens whenever the user will be scrolling down, but now, this should be considered a web-design standard.
To persuade better navigation, the sticky UI elements will be ensuring that the users have granted access to the key information wherever they are re-directed on the website’s page.
Therefore, these sticky headers examples may be used – by the ones majorly inclined towards Qb Hosting, and the best practices may be chosen for creating fixed elements on the page:
- Focusing on the elements and the associated actions for adding significant values. Don’t whole-heartedly elevate the unnecessary elements, which will be taking up the screened real- estate(s) and then, deliver little benefits for the existing users.
- Avoid applying fixed elements too tall. Users must not avoid focusing on the content, not even the available headers. It is required to double-check whether the sticky elements are containing not more than one line-of-text, which may make this difficult for the users to read them.
- Considering hiding headers while scrolling down onto the smart-phones. Hiding sticky headers onto the mobile-interfaces while scrolling down will offer the user more space for reading them. So, it is relevant to display the header when the user will be scrolling up instead.
- Using plenty of variety of contrasts. Making elements visually distinct from the content that may move beneath all of them, but it is necessary to avoid placing the less-continuous, distracting animations, or transitions in the user’s constant eye-line.
# Practice Number Four – Writing Concise and Useful Messages
UX writing will be guiding the users and simultaneously, assisting them in interacting well with the listed-products. Every element, from the miniature button labels to the welcoming messages, will be having an impact on the overall user experience acquired.
If in case the copy seems confusing or misleading to the QuickBooks Hosting Providers, this will anonymously create a bad user experience. When writing for UX, one must not hesitate to follow such practical tips:
- Make sure this will be useful. UX writing has always been capturing useful trajectories. Knowing who the audience will be and what they might demand while interacting with the listed-products. So, it is necessary to investigate if or not every word appearing on the screens is serving the purpose for the users.
- Writing with conciseness and clarity. The best UX writing will be undoubtedly simple and concise; users must be able to read the copies and then, quickly know where this will be leading them and then, they may understand what needs to be done in the next instance(s). Therefore, writing concise copies will capture the desired points:
A wordy copy will be like would you give it a try saving the latest changes? A concise copy will be questioning why to Save changes?
- Adding familiar terms. UX writing must be accessed by the available or the non-available users of all levels – this will be enhancing the user’s experience. So, you must eliminate any of the industry-specific terms that might initiate dilemmas in the existing copy[ies] and then, try to replace the same with the simpler terminologies:
A confusing copy might question the buffering state …
A clear copy will plan to prepare the required videos …
- Maintaining consistency. The copy must be having the same tone, style, voice, and terminology that will be fitting in well with the award-winning brands. This practice will not only make the interface more usable but also strengthens trust with the user.
# Practice Number Five – Planning for Usability Testing During the Web-Designing Process
The goal of usability testing is to ensure that the experienced people you design for may use your all-rounder product. Testing during the times the website design process is implemented will be helping you identify the issues early on thereby minimizing costs. Here are some general guidelines which will be helping when conducting your usability tests:
- Using the prototype(s). Conducting usability testing on prototypes before product development has been finished. This will be allowing you to evaluate the chosen designs in the early stages and then, it will be feasible to avoid making costly changes later in development.
- Finding the appropriate users for testing. The ideal tester will be someone who would use the listed- product – or the one curious about the Qb Cloud and the relevant add-ons. While looking sincerely for the testing participants, one must not hesitate in considering both – the demographics plus the psychographics – while selecting the users for testing-purposes.
- Designing clearer objectives and relevant tasks. Be one-hundred percent sure while creating the workflows with pre-decided objectives. You may yourself be observing better the range of errors or the upcoming challenges that every user will be experiencing.
- Getting yourself involved in the testing process. Involving yourself with the actual testing process will help you visualize how the real users may interact with your product [listed]. Even one may gain more insights into the acquired user experiences than you may perceive from reading the testing results.
- Planning to conduct interviews after the testing has been completed. Scheduling a few minutes with the testing participants for asking simple questions about the product, tasks, and the overall impressions collected for the listed-products. A quick discussion with test participants may give more insights into their detailed experiences.
Should One Non-Hesitatingly Rely Upon the Five Strategies?
The UX Design trends will be evolving fast, but it’s important to remember the fact that the fundamental design practices will undoubtedly remain constant.
Also, the designers will only be having a few moments for capturing the people’s attention before they may leave the website for the ones that will be more user-friendly and easily be navigated in accordance with the embedded add-ons.
By following these aforementioned UX best practices, one will assertively be able to enhance the user’s experiences and then, achieve UX success – henceforth one may imperatively rely upon the listed-above five strategies.